Many people think that when we talk about the Square we mean antebellum Glover Park, donated to the city by its first mayor. However, this attractive centerpiece is just a small part of Marietta "Square." From the vintage 1898 train depot, now The Marietta Welcome Center, the antebellum Kennesaw House, home to the Marietta History Museum, and a vintage 1880 warehouse that today is home to the Gone With The Wind Movie Museum Scarlett on the Square, Marietta Square extends north to the Root House and across town to 1909 Post Office that today houses the Marietta/Cobb County Museum of Art.
Glover Park was the original site of the Cobb County Courthouse. Today, that modern edifice sits on the southeast corner of opposite Glover Park. The downtown area includes restaurants, businesses, and professional offices that house a vast array of products and services. Doctors, lawyers and shopkeepers all call the Marietta Square home.
Within two miles of the downtown are the Marietta National Cemetery, Confederate Cemetery, Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield Park and everybody's favorite, The Big Chicken.